Saturday 16 July 2011

Dance to the music

This week we introduced 'special play time'. For a while now Bluet's playmat has been placed in front of my records, and she's become fascinated with their spines, presumably because of all the pretty colours. So this week, after dinner, whilst Emily was in the shower, I decided to demonstrate the magic of the record. First I showed her that there was a black disc inside every sleeve, then, I showed her how music was magically encoded into the grooves by placing the record on the turntable. She went wild. Clearly, this is special playtime for both me and Bluet, as I get to teach her about some classic records, and she gets to dance. Looks like she has a great sense of rhythm to me. Check it out.

Before, with the tiger from Uncle Nick
And now, the all singing, all dancing video:

Let us know in the comments which song you'd like to see her boogie to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment