Wednesday 10 August 2011

back to work


I'm working full days again and have been missing
my baby this week! Her nanny is very sweet and often
brings her to the park across the street from
Sloan-Kettering so I can see her around lunchtime.
I guess I'm lucky to have always liked my work, and
have never really been that eager to leave the lab,
but now find myself happily hurrying along the sidewalk
with the rest of the rat pack at 5:30.

This photo is what I came home to on Monday...as the
day wears on, Bluet sucks her thumb more and more and
we know this is a sign that she is getting tired. No
naptimes at that time of day though, and I was so happy
when I realized that taking her to Central Park is the
perfect antidote to her almost daily late afternoon
fussiness. Typically all three of us are relieved when
the hour reaches 7 pm, and we feed her, play with her
as long as she's happy, give her a bath, read her a book
and put her to bed. She loves to go to bed, just like her
mom. You can see her relief when her blanket touches her
hands and face - it's very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment