Wednesday 15 August 2012

Bluet's first float trip

Float trips are a way of life for my family in the late summer, and so I was thrilled to introduce Bluet
to the joys of canoeing and camping on gravel bars in the Missouri Ozarks. We canoed on the Eleven Point River, from Turner's Mill to Riverton, about 14 river miles in 3 days and 2 nights. Bluet loved being dunked in the water, holding minnows and crawdads, and seeing what the big kids (my nephew Nate Boyle and family friends Myra and Reid Baker) were doing. She slept well alone in her Pea Pod (a kid's tent) except for when we had to rescue her from a 4 am thunderstorm, as the Pea Pod is not waterproof. And, took naps in the bottom of the canoe (see below). The trip finished up with a stop at Boze Mill (the stone wall with water flowing through below) and a dunk in the freezing cold spring (only a partial dunk for Bluet).





1 comment:

  1. How great that Bluet has been canoeing! I'd love to get my boys out there soon. Hope you are all having a wonderful time. Say hello to your family for me.

    ReplyDelete