Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday

Today daycare is shut because it is Good Friday. This morning I stayed home with Bluet. First, we baked some cupcakes - apparently in 'the South' when it is your birthday you have to provide everyone with cakes (at least at daycare). I offered to make muffins, because I know how to do that, and they are delicious, but apparently they are not a suitable substitute for the cupcake. So today I decided to see whether the cupcakes I could make would be of suitable standard to take to daycare and feed to the under twos - a trial run, if you like. Bluet was very helpful, naming ingredients as we added them, emptying stuff into the bowl, and particularly in licking it clean at the end (the best part of any baking experience).
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled


Whilst the cupcakes cooled, we went 'swimming in the water' (no diving).

Untitled

Then we came back and iced the cakes.They look ok and taste delicious. A fine result, I think.

Untitled

Bluet also made an easter decoration at daycare. I tried to get her to hold it up for a photo, but she wasn't quite obeying my instructions. You should get the general idea though.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment