Sunday 14 April 2013

First Words

We are pleased to announce that Bluet can 'read' her first word. I first noticed this when she was playing with one of those free paper tape measures that you get from a certain Swedish retail giant. If she saw just the numbers, she would say 'numbers', but if it was twisted so she saw the magical letters 'I-K-E and A', she would say 'Ikea'. That she could read the word 'Ikea' was confirmed when we went to Ikea yesterday. As we pulled into the car park, she saw the giant letters 'I-K-E and A' on the side of the blue building, pointed at them, and said 'Ikea'. So yes, the first word that Bluet can read is 'Ikea'*.

I think it is because we bought Bluet some Ikea biscuits one day, where each biscuit was an I,K,E or A.

Here she is, reading 'Ikea' from the Ikea family card.



*I suppose that she might recognise the distinctive IKEA logo, but that is basically what reading is, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment