Wednesday 11 June 2014

Zurich One

We are still getting acclimatised to Zurich. It seems that there are a lot of places to take kids. There is a playground with a wooden pirate ship a minute or two from our house, and we have already been there several times. Zurich is built around a lake (or as Bluet said 'A pond' - when I corrected her, she said, 'No, I think it is a pond') and on Sunday we went to a place where the edge of the lake is fenced off for kids to swim. It was very nice. Still, it is weird being surrounded by people speaking foreign, I can't help thinking that Zurich (and the world in general) would be greatly improved if everyone spoke English. But we will learn German fast enough, I'm sure, especially from trying to work out what to buy to eat - as you can see we have successfully purchased ice cream.

Zurich one
The world famous Zurich pond
Zurich one
Zurich one
Zurich one

Zurich one
Zurich one
In Zurich, it is impossible to get homesick

One of the nicest things that has happened at the park is that Bluet is very keen to push Ilona on the swing, which Ilona loves. Bluet even knows not to push it too high

Zurich one
Zurich one
Zurich one
Zurich one


(NB Bluet does not like Swiss Cheese - I gave her some, and she said 'I don't like this cheese, can I have some cheese that I like'. I concur.)

Zurich one
Zurich one

No comments:

Post a Comment