Wednesday 11 August 2021

Colorado 1: Denver, Boulder and Red Rocks

At the end of July I took Bluet and Ilona to Colorado for a week. In previous years I've taken them to the UK to see my family, but obviously that wasn't possible this year. I wanted to take them somewhere, but there are so many places to see in the US, it was hard to choose. I needed a reason. But as I lived in Denver for a year when I was 4, I thought that Colorado would be a great place to visit again. The first two nights we were there it turns out our friends and neighbours from just down the street were also in Denver so we hung out with them, visiting Boulder, where we saw a street magician, and Red Rocks, a concert venue where U2 recorded a live album back in the 1980s, which I bet is the primary reason any Europeans have heard of it. It's pretty spectacular, but nothing compared to the various large rocks we would see over the next few days.  












This was our little car that got us through all our Colorado adventures.


It was very hot, but a nice dry heat, rather than the humidity of the east coast. And by very hot, I mean around 30C

This is in Denver near Union Station

And this is the street magician we saw in Boulder







No comments:

Post a Comment